- WSP Global is one of the world’s leading professional services firms
- WSP provides strategic advisory, engineering and design services to transportation & Infrastructure, Earth & Environment, Property & Buildings, Power & Energy, Resource.
- Recently WSP Acquire Greencap Holdings and RPS
WSP Global (TSX: WSP, OTC: WSPOF) is one of the world’s leading professional services firms, WSP provides strategic advisory, engineering and design services to clients in the Transportation & Infrastructure, Earth & Environment, Property & Buildings, Power & Energy, Resources, and Industry sectors. WSP’s global experts include advisors, engineers, environmental specialists, scientists, technicians, architects and planners, in addition to other design and program management professionals.
WSP Ranked #1 in ENR Magazine’s 2022 List
18 August 2022; Engineering News-Record (ENR)’s annual rankings were recently released, naming WSP Global as #1 on the list of Top 225 International Design Firms for the second year in a row. WSP’s leading position in Transportation, Buildings, Power, Water, Hazardous Waste and Manufacturing were recognized; the company achieved top positions across the board, with the #1 spot in Transportation. The expansion of its global footprint and depth of capabilities also led to several top ten regional rankings, including a#1 spot in the United States and Australia/Oceania, also for the second consecutive year.
WSP to Acquire RPS
08 August 2022; WSP has reached an agreement with the board of RPS Group plc to acquire RPS, a UK-based consulting firm with 5,000 employees globally generating approximately $875 million in revenue.
WSP to Acquire Greencap Holdings
13 July 2022; WSP has entered into an agreement to acquire Australian-based Greencap Holdings Ltd., a subsidiary of Wesfarmers Industrial and Safety. With a staff of 250 professionals providing environmental, hazardous materials and risk management solutions, Greencap will enhance WSP’s expertise in the delivery of environmental, health and safety, contaminated land, and remediation services in Australia. The acquisition is expected to close on August 1, 2022.
The company released 2022 second quarter results on August 8, 2022
- Revenues and net revenues for the quarter ended July 2, 2022 reached $2.8 billion and $2.1 billion, up 5.0% and 4.0%, respectively, compared to Q2 2021. Net revenue organic growth of 5.0% in the quarter is attributable to all reportable segments, led by the UK with double-digit growth, Canada and Australia.
- Backlog as of July 2, 2022 stood at $11.4 billion, representing 12.5 months of revenues. In the twelve-month period ended July 2, 2022, backlog grew organically by 19.1% across all reportable segments, setting the Corporation in a favourable position for continued future performance.
- Since the start of the year, the number of employees increased by approximately 2,200, with 1,700 in the second quarter alone.
- Adjusted EBITDA in the quarter of $352.2 million, up 2.8%, compared to $342.6 million in Q2 2021. Adjusted EBITDA margin for the quarter reached 16.7%, compared to 16.9% in Q2 2021. Adjusted EBITDA margin was largely stable and in-line with management expectations.
- Earnings before net financing expense and income taxes in the quarter of $170.2 million, down $19.0 million, or 10.0%, compared to Q2 2021, mainly due to office consolidations as part of its real estate strategy resulting in charges against certain leased assets, as well as ERP implementation costs which were new in 2022, and higher integration costs due to recent acquisitions.
- Adjusted net earnings for the quarter of $153.5 million, or $1.30 per share, up $6.2 million and $0.04, respectively, compared to Q2 2021. The respective increases in these metrics are mainly attributable to higher adjusted EBITDA.
- Net earnings attributable to shareholders for the quarter of $89.3 million, or $0.76 per share, compared $120.0 million and $1.03 per share in Q2 2021. The decreases are mainly attributable to non-cash losses in value of investments related to a US-employees' deferred compensation plan compared to gains in the comparable period, charges against leased assets resulting from office consolidations and ERP implementation costs.
- DSO as at July 2, 2022 stood at 73 days, compared to 70 days as at June 26, 2021, in line with its annual target range and at the low end of management's expectations when factoring in seasonality.
- Free cash outflow of $170.4 million for the six-month period. Trailing twelve-months of free cash flow amounted to $337.8 million, representing 0.8 times the net earnings attributable to shareholders. The main contributors to the outflow are the increased investment in net working capital to support organic revenue growth and the slight increase in DSO. In addition, income taxes paid was higher mainly due to changes in tax regulations in the US which delays the deductibility of certain expenses and higher taxable income in some jurisdictions in 2021 for which the related income tax was paid in 2022.
- Cash inflows from operating activities of $42.4 million in the six-month period ended July 2, 2022, compared to $310.8 million in the corresponding period in 2021.
- The net debt to adjusted EBITDA ratio stood at 0.8x, compared to 0.6x as at December 31, 2021, in line with seasonality trends in free cash flows and increase in working capital to support growth.
- Quarterly dividend declared of $0.375 per share, or $44.3 million, with a 48.8% Dividend Reinvestment Plan (“DRIP”) participation.
world’s leading professional services firms, WSP provides strategic advisory, engineering and design services to clients in the Transportation & Infrastructure, Earth & Environment, Property & Buildings, Power & Energy, Resources and Industry sectors. WSP's experts include advisors, engineers, environmental specialists, scientists, technicians, architects and planners, in addition to other design and program management professionals. With approximately 57,500 talented people globally, WSP is well positioned to deliver successful and sustainable projects, wherever clients need it.
Transportation & Infrastructure
The Corporation’s experts advise, plan, design and manage projects for rail transit, aviation, highways, bridges, tunnels, water, maritime and urban infrastructure. Public and private sector clients, together with construction contractors and other partners, seek WSP's expertise around the world to create mid and long-term transport and infrastructure strategies, and to provide guidance and support throughout the life-cycle of a wide range of projects and assets. As WSP offers comprehensive, innovative and value-oriented solutions to assist clients in achieving their desired outcomes, the Corporation takes great pride in solving clients’ toughest problems. WSP offers a full range of services locally with extensive global experience to successfully deliver projects, helping clients overcome challenges and respond to emerging areas in new mobility, resiliency, decarbonization, social equity, digital project and design.
Earth & Environment
The Corporation has specialists working with and advising governments and private- sector clients on key aspects of earth sciences and environmental sustainability. WSP’s experts advise on matters ranging from clean air, water and land, to biodiversity, green energy solutions, climate change and Environmental, Social and Governance (“ESG”) issues. They provide specialized services to mining, oil and gas, power, industrial and transportation clients, all of which operate in some of the most highly-regulated industries. The Corporation delivers a broad range of advisory and operational services, including due diligence, permit approvals, regulatory compliance, waste/hazardous materials management, geotechnical and mining engineering, environmental/social impact assessments, feasibility and land remediation studies. WSP's reputation has been built on helping clients worldwide mitigate risk, manage and reduce impacts and maximize opportunities related to sustainability, climate change, energy use, resource extraction and the environment. The Corporation is able to support its clients through the entire project life-cycle, from design, permitting, planning and operations, to decommissioning and asset remediation.
Property & Buildings
The Corporation is a world-leading provider of technical and advisory services with a track record in delivering buildings of the highest quality. WSP can be involved at every stage of a project’s life cycle, from the business case, through design and construction, to asset management and refurbishment. The Corporation has teams of technical experts across the globe delivering engineering and consultancy services ranging from decarbonization strategies and digital building design to structural and mechanical, electrical, and plumbing (“MEP”) engineering. The Corporation is an expert in enabling clients to maximize the outcome of their projects in sectors from high-rise to healthcare, stadia to stations and commercial to cultural.
Power & Energy
The Corporation offers energy sector clients complete solutions for all aspects of their projects, whether they are large-scale power plants, smaller on-site facilities or retrofitting and efficiency programs, with an aim to reduce energy demand and deliver schemes to create a sustainable future. WSP's experts can advise and collaborate on every stage of a project, from pre-feasibility to design, operation, maintenance and decommissioning. They offer long-term operational management support services from the first feasibility studies, providing advice on aspects ranging from technical, financial and environmental issues, to engineering design and energy simulations.
The Corporation works in almost every industrial sector including food and beverages, pharmaceutical and biotechnology, automotive and chemicals. WSP's experts offer a variety of skills with a deep understanding of industrial and energy processes, and the engineering expertise required to plan, design, build and operate a new plant, or to automate equipment in an existing industrial facility. A full range of consulting and engineering services is offered within multiple disciplines that span all stages of a project - from strategic studies, concept design and productivity analysis, to serving as an owner’s engineer at each stage of an EPCM contract.
- Audiovisual Systems
- Acoustics, Noise and Vibrations
- Building Information Modelling - BIM
- Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Facade Engineering
- Fire Engineering
- Green Building Design
- Lighting Design
- Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing
- Property Condition Assessment
- Security Consulting
- Structural Engineering
- Structural Engineering for Healthcare
- Vertical Transportation